Medical Providers

by Lenin V. Perez

When you have been injured on the job and file a workers’ compensation claim with the Department of Labor, Office of Workers’ Compensations Programs (OWCP), you will be required to undergo medical examination and possibly medical testing to verify your injury, determine the severity of the injury, evaluate your post-injury medical or physical condition, and determine your fitness for return to work.

It is an unfortunate fact that OWCP and it’s hired medical providers will very likely work hard to deny your claim, or to diminish the extent of the injury and their subsequent financial reimbursement of your medical costs and lost wages. So it is important not only that you file any claims in a timely manner but that you also seek qualified, experienced medical providers to diagnose and treat your on-the-job injuries.

In the case of OWCP claims, your regular medical provider probably won’t do. You will likely need a medical provider or doctor who has the experience of dealing with on-the-job injuries and one who has the experience of dealing with the relentless, powerful, and heavy-handed agency that is OWCP.

It is not always easy to find such medical providers when one is suddenly hurt and in need of one but we can help. If you need to locate a OWCP-qualified, experienced physician or other medical provider for your work-related injury, go to

Federal Workers Compensation Consultants

Workers Compensation and Disability Retirement Specialists

9639 N. Armenia Avenue

Tampa, Florida 33612

Telephone 813-931-1984

Fax 813-931-4905

Se Habla Espanol – 813-931-1984

Print Friendly